Tuesday, June 29th, 2010 Chris and I left the house as a family of two for the last time heading to the hospital at 4am for me to be induced. We arrived at 5am and got transported to our room to begin what could be a long process! I got my first bag of fluids and all the monitors hooked up at 5:30am and we began to get anxious and nervous thinking of what lies ahead that neither of us have experienced before....so we started the morning off with a prayer while I was in the hospital bed and we lifted this to God as He's been so gracious to us we knew it was going to be okay!
The nurse brought my first bag of Pitocin in around 6 or so and shortly after I felt the very small contractions which weren't bad at all. We watched tv and I began taking full advantage of those marvelous ice chips while we slowly had family and friends fill the waiting room and take turns coming to see us! Dr Murrmann came in at 9:30 checked my progress and I was 2.5cm dilated (was 2cm when I arrived) so she broke my water (which I didnt feel at all thanks to the epidural I had just gotten)!! And yes I was nervous about that this whole time but the CRNA was awesome and I had no problems so then I could just chill the rest of the day while people said "your having a contraction and its high on the scale!" lol I had a few checks and wasn't progressing too quickly and family in the waiting room kept on asking how much longer. But hey, I had told them all not to come too soon wait till we let them know its close cause with it being my first that could take forever being induced to labor! By 2pm I was 4cm and had about 10 cups of ice chips by now and a million text messages of questions! lol Chris and I were getting tired but couldn't sleep, he finally decided to leave the room and get lunch in the cafeteria while he sent Brandy in to make me laugh a little. Now its almost 4pm and I am 8cm and contractions are back to back so its getting close...then another check about 4:20pm and its 10cm and time to push! But wait....my epidural has worn off I need to ask some questions first. I can feel the contractions (not as bad as with out one but knew more than if it was still working) so I asked the nurse if I got the other dose they said I can have with me being right here will it slow the pushing down? Her answer, "yes you could push double the time and most first timers are average 2hrs so if I were YOU I'd pass on it if you think you can handle it." So I looked at Chris and he gave me this "you can do it look" so I turned to her and said, "I'm going for it, lets get this over with!" Dr Murrmann walks in and the nurses had already brought in all the carts etc. So now the time I have dreaded starts...contraction and first push at 4:30pm!! Chris was wonderful and such a support both with the leg and vocally encouraging me along through the pain. Aiden had been in the birthing position since 34 weeks, and as we suspected this whole time, with the hard contractions he twisted face up (meaning he'd be looking at the ceiling when I delivered instead of the floor) at least its not breach where I'd had to get transported to an OR. My doctor tried turning him back over but he wouldn't go because contractions were so close and she looks at me and says, "If he hadn't turned you would have delivered already, but this OP position is harder to push out...he's about to crown and if we use low forceps he'll be out on the next round of pushes." Again, I look to Chris for a little help in deciding and he was wonderful saying, "you can do it he's almost here!" So I took a sigh of relief that God was in control of this room and told her with full trust in her decisions, "Whatever you have to do to get HIM here safe!" So the forceps are handed over and with the next set of contractions I begin to push (let me remind you the epidural had worn off earlier) and out he came with 5 hard pushes!! Aiden is finally here at 5:23pm (53 mins of pushing) weighing 7 lbs 12 oz and 20" long!!! Chris got to cut the cord then they put him on my stomach and I fell in love at that moment! He is perfect and so much more than I ever imagined, thank you Lord! Chris then followed him around with the camera just smiling over at me. We are finally parents and minutes away from holding our son! We ended the process how we started it, praying and thanking God for what he's done! Recovery lasted 2 hours...one for me to be released for transfer and the other hour because the floor was packed with deliveries and they had no rooms at the moment. There were 16 babies born on June 29th while we were there so that's how hectic it was that night! Finally, I said okay we'll let the grandparents in to see us since we're still in the actual delivery room so Chris goes to get them and comes back with 12 people.....yes the whole waiting room full of visitors came in at once with cameras flashing in our faces everywhere!! Around 8pm we were transferred to our room for the rest of the stay and the family/friends who came to see us got to pass him around. We finally got to eat at 10:30pm and settle in for the night...its been a long 31 hours since we left the house! Let me go out saying Aiden is adorable and we just LOVE him to death and I thank GOD for all his mighty blessings in our life :) Enjoy the pictures below!

What a sweet, sweet story! Congratulations! Your life will never be the same. :) And every time you think it can't get better or you can't fall more in love with this beautiful little soul, the Lord surprises you and your heart gets even bigger. Such a fun adventure! Congrats again! He is a DOLL!!
ReplyDeleteAWW I just love your story! And I really love that I got to expierence this special day with such great people who I love. God has molded you two into great parents and great friends!! We just love Baby A so much and I cant wait to watch him grow as these years FLY by! Love you guys so much!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks you two!! I think I just teared up reading these comments...appreciate it and we are truly blessed.
ReplyDeleteB we love yall too and thank God for good friends!!