Now that last statement brings me to the title of opening my eyes! As I read a friends blog this morning, I was reminded that I too give things up to God and pray-take them back and worry about it-then give back up again to Him. This isn't how HE wants us to do it...once we give it up it should be out of mind because He is in control! That's where human nature takes over challenging us daily. As the birth of Aiden approaches and the thoughts of that and parenthood, how we"ll make it on one income, the "what if's" and so on bring me to the remembrance of what I've come across in the past that I'm leaning on to get me through!
Last year Chris and I both read through the book Crazy Love, by Francis Chan, and I have to say I may need to go back through it soon! The chapter "Profile of the Lukewarm" really got to me when I read the book. You do not realize how easily we can fall into this category, even when we're doing what is thought to be good an right! So I quote two verses referenced in the midst of this chapter that I have to say speaks big...
"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says" (James 1:22)
"Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things.."
(Colossians 3:2)
These are so true for me in the fact of stating I get stressed and worry easy. I pray for God to be in control but then I still worry about them so I have to think what am I really doing?"Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things.."
(Colossians 3:2)
I have so much to be thankful for and so much opportunity has risen for us! Just in the past 9 mons I have prayed for protection and strength during this pregnancy and I could not have had a better experience and bypassed ALL the winter sicknesses the way I did with out that being given fully to God. So the chapter "When you're in Love" (from Crazy Love) has a verse that opened my eyes in a different way!
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song." (Psalm 28:7)
As I often worry about the little things, I have to quickly look at all I've been given and all the things I should NOT be worrying about. With out the love for God and making Him the center of everything I KNOW we would not have or be able to do what we do with out that. I have a great husband whose Christian ways have continually grown over the 5 years we've been married, we're growing closer together as we grow closer to God as a couple and individuals, we landed into a great new church home a little over a year ago, our first baby blessing from God is on the way, and we have some amazing family and friends who are great examples of God's love in our life! Thank you GOD for all you have done, are doing, and will do for me!With all that being said, I have to stop...look up...open my eyes and SMILE!
Here are a few other passages that are great reminders for me...
These are from More Faith in My Day, the book of Proverbs for women by Emilie Barnes.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM, and HE will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
"A faithful woman will abound the blessings." (Proverbs 28:20)
"Anxiety in a woman's heart weighs it down, but a good word makes it glad." (Proverbs 12:25)
"A faithful woman will abound the blessings." (Proverbs 28:20)
"Anxiety in a woman's heart weighs it down, but a good word makes it glad." (Proverbs 12:25)
These are just straight from the Bible or memory!!
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13)
"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
(Hebrews 13:5)
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God." (Philippians 4:6)
"For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." (Romans 3:23)
"Humble yourselves; therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:6)
"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for mercy of our Lord Jesus unto eternal life." (Jude 1:21)
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13)
"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
(Hebrews 13:5)
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God." (Philippians 4:6)
"For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." (Romans 3:23)
"Humble yourselves; therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:6)
"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for mercy of our Lord Jesus unto eternal life." (Jude 1:21)
*I know this is long, but my mind was going and I felt the need to share it, after all that's what I started blogging for!!
No comments:
Post a Comment