Friday, July 9, 2010

First Two Weeks!!

Tomorrow Aiden will be 2 weeks old. Oh my, where did time go?

The first two weeks at home have been a busy one! We had tons of company and still trying to get adjusted. I am thinking of putting a sign on the door that we are no longer having vising hours due to lack of rest and sanity - every time we start something its another knock at the door! lol
I'm recovering pretty quickly but got hit with Mastitis last week which slowed me back down and made things hard. He sleeps a lot and that helps....actually he's been a very good baby (so far)!!! He started out on his own 3 hour schedule and its going great ;) Diaper changes are his favorite time to kick those legs like crazy making it a very hard task. He loves his paci already, but Daddy said no boy thumb sucker, we had to do something he loves having stuff in his mouth and hands in that face!
He's making the cutest faces this week. There are three he does most often which we call bird face, pouty lips, and he scrunchy forehead - which is Chris' favorite! I have to agree, kissing that little soft wrinkled head is the best! He just began to smile while he's sleeping and I wish I knew what was going through his head when he does that...probably thinking about how great his Mom has been to him!
He was introduced to the swing this week too. He's so little I have to roll up a blanket around him to keep him from falling over. His Mamaw (Chris' mom) got him a Sea Horse (a form of glow worm) and he likes listening to the music and watching it light up...life safer at night when he thinks he's gonna stay awake but I have other plans of sleeping! He is starting to recognize things around him and the toy bar above his head on the pack and play too...he looks up at it and makes a funny face like it startles him though!
Thursday was his first Peds appointment. Grammy (my mom) had to drive us to Memphis to meet Daddy since its by his work so we can have his first appointment all together! We got a great report and he lost his birth fluids and weighed in at 7lb 4oz now being accurately measured at 20" long. He did good and only cried when she was turning and pushing on him then he stopped and just looked around the rest of the time. After we went to Perkins to eat with my mom and a quick Target run for some baby necessities and he actually slept the WHOLE time!
Looking back over these two weeks, I can not believe he's actually here and growing so fast even though he's still so very small. I wonder what milestone we'll hit next? Baby don't grow up on me too fast you may be the only one and I want to cherish this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment