Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Busy?

Yeah, Yeah, I know... Everyone is busy during the holiday season!  I think that's why this study hit home. One of those perfect timings from God to show me to get my focus back on Christ this Christmas in every aspect of my day not just at times when I think about it. I mean, I didn't think it was possible for our family to get any busier really. Between  Chris' work traveling, the new house building,  Aiden's first time in school, and all the things the winter/holiday months bring for gatherings and parties is it possible to have any free time? Well, lately it has been. The cold temps have kept us home and from working on the new house and we are trying to relax!
Anyway, busy is something I am used to so naturally when I read my devotion tonight it hit home... HARD. 

I have been reading (again) one of my books called Becoming a Woman of Extraordinary Faith by Julie Clinton. So good. 

Tonight was about "Finding God's Beauty"

If you see any beauty in Christ, and say, "I desire to have that," God will work it in you. - G.V. WIGRAM

Read Psalm 27 and focus on verses 4 and 5 in that chapter.  Very eye opening how David's focus was solely on Christ.

As I read a little further in the book, this paragraph stuck out to me. I read it twice and couldn't quit thinking about it because BUSY is what I am. If you are a busy person, too, just think what is keeping your attention and time from God.

"If Satan can't make you bad, he will make you busy. Being busy in the "good" of things often robs us of the "best" things. Busy has wisely been defined as Being Under Satans Yoke."

WOW. That hit me hard. I don't want to think that by being occupied and busy is being under Satans hold to keep me away from the things that matter... God, Ministry, Fellowship, Bible Study, etc! Although, I do make time for this, I don't do as much of it as I have or should. Its true when you think about it. When life is busy we often put aside the most important things.  What is the first thing you skip out on when you get busy? What do you forget to do? How does your schedule change? Just think about it. I know I have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment