I am a daughter of the the One True King! How awesome is that? Saved by His grace, washed clean, forgiven, and adopted. I can call Him "Abba Father!" Oh how wonderful. Can you say you are a daughter of the One True King? Please, if you can't say that you have asked Jesus into your heart and call God your Father, ask me (or someone you know) and I will be glad to share with you how you can live for eternity praising Him who saved you!!
Our pastor, Bro Wade (LPBC) gave a great sermon on Mother's Day! Full of things we as daughters of the King should be and do. A challenge to us all... some of our hubbies said in Connect this past week "that sermon wasn't just for the women" it was packed with convictions for them as well. I will share a little of what it was about.
Daughters of The King.
A Biblical woman is Spirit-filled (Ephesians 5:18), fears the Lord (Proverbs 31:30), finds her identity and satisfaction in Christ Alone (Colossians 3:3-4), understands true beauty (1 Peter 3:3-5), and lives with a passion for God's glory in the home (Titus 2:3-5), and among the nations (Psalm 96:3).
Wow. A lot to think about in such a small paragraph. Are we doing these things? Are we living like that? Does our spirit reflect Christ in our home... in public? Does our passion for God show?
We, as women , have a great impact on our home. We can set the tone for the whole family. Haven't you ever heard the saying, "If Momma ain't happy, no one is happy." Its true! The way we act, talk, and extend grace is important. We should glorify Christ in all things. The way we step out of bed can greatly impact our day, which in turn affects our children(s) and husbands day too. Beth Moore has challenged us (in a recent Bible study I'm doing) to fall on our faces every morning. Wow! How great if we just PRAY with all we have each morning before we get out bed. If we set our minds on things above, have a spirit filled with peace, and extend our grace to our family imagine what can come of that. Can we be so filled with Christ that everyone sees it? Can we be so full of peace and grace that our family gets nothing but from us?
I want my home to be one that serves the Lord (Joshua 24:15) in all things. Do you?
Back to the part I started with, "Can you say you are a daughter of the One True King?"
If you can't say with confidence "YES" then you are missing out. You are here for a purpose, don't miss what God has in place for your life (Jeremiah 29:11). Don't waste another minute on thinking you are not good enough, pretty enough, loved enough, and so on. You are, but none of us are a part from Gods grace (Romans 3:10). His mercy is new every day. We are forgiven in Christ.
The only way to God is through Jesus, His son (John 14:6). We have to acknowledge that we have sinned, and we need a Savior. That Jesus is the only way to Heaven and we believe in Him. Repent of your sins and ask God to come into your life and save you. Wash you clean, make you new and help you live a life pleasing to Him. God did this for you and for me.
"I will be a Father to you and you shall be sons and daughters to me says the Lord Almighty." - 2 Corinthians 6:8
"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." - Romans 10:13
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going. 5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:1-6
"There is no one righteous, no not even one..." - Romans 3:10
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." - Joshua 24:15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment