Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Oh Foot Praise!!

Have I mentioned how great God is? Oh yes I have and I will say it again and again!!!!

We had Aiden's check up on his foot on Tuesday. It was to see if the cyst on foot bone has returned. To give you a little recap... We were worried about his pain complaints so scheduled with Campbell Clinic. Drs found a "questionable spot" on his bone by xray in October 2012 so returned every month to monitor it. Nov xray it had grown a little so they scheduled us for the dreaded LeBohneur appointment for MRI where he had to be put to sleep and did an extensive scan. Results were in right around Christmas break and the nurse said it was a "cyst" and no need to come in till after the first of year! That was good news in itself as they told us we may have appointment a week from results if it was something serious. So I could breathe a little easier just by that. January 2013 we went and saw Dr Beaty (Chief Ortho Dr) who did repeat xray to compare to December scans and prior xrays.  Aiden, by this point, knew the routine for the "spaceship" ride! When Dr Beaty came in with results from that "ride" he tells us the spot is no longer visible by xray so its possibly gone! What? Yes! God healed our son (for the time being) and heard our prayers! I truly believe that. What other explanation do you have for the way things completely changed? Spot they had never seen in a child his age, wasn't sure what it was, it was growing, we had to monitor and have MRI after so many xrays then all of a sudden in a matter of weeks its GONE! He went from hurting, waking at night, spot growing to no complaints and no cyst or spot seen! So, we were to come back in three months to give him time to run and play on it as the weather would be getting prettier so we would be more active and also to see if it was a fluid filled cyst that may fill and drain and just was so small it wasn't seen at that appointment. Tuesday was our three month mark. Aiden is now a pro at this so I even go to walk behind the glass during xray instead of holding him down or standing beside him to hold his hand like I have done both in past! Results showed clear again!!! Praise God. He gets all the glory. I reflect on Jeremiah 29:11 and Romans 8:28 when I think about it. We now don't go back for 6 months only to make sure and then if its clear we will be a year out and then not come back unless he complains again! We praise God for the results now and if we encounter it again, we will pray He leads us through it. Thanks for everyone who helped in the lifted prayers to our amazing, gracious, master physician!

I have deleted the prior "foot" posts to make room for new things so I have included some pics from those here too.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment